Cross Border Tax Services
As the number of foreign nationals operating or investing in U.S. business operations and real estate continues to increase, regulations affecting their activities are becoming more and more complex. Whether you are starting a new business or expanding an existing business, you will need to follow some basic steps to ensure you have a desired tax structure that fully aligns with business objectives and how your company operates. Our cross border specialists in our New York City and Long Island offices provide a variety of professional services to multinational companies with a U.S. presence.
Our Cross Border Services Are as Follows:
Tax Planning and Compliance
- Advising on legal form of business and accounting methods
- Serving as a sounding board for management on U.S. business practices and the applicable rules and regulations that will apply to various situations
- Assisting with filing to obtain Employer Identification Numbers as well as Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers
- Coordinating and filing required registration forms for sales tax, disability, workers compensation etc.
- Outlining the documentation requirements for related party transactions, including transfer pricing
- Coordinating with non-U.S. tax advisers to obtain the best worldwide tax structure
- Advising on the U.S. tax implications when foreign nationals are assigned to work in the U.S.
- Preparing U.S. or foreign branch federal, state, and local tax returns
- Providing assistance with record-keeping for the U.S. entity, and reporting to the foreign offices
- Advising on mandatory insurance coverage
- Providing introductions to suitable payroll service providers and resolving payroll issues
- Recommending attorneys, insurance brokers and other professionals
- Training personnel on software needed to conduct business operations
- Coordinating with foreign offices as needs arise
We stay abreast of continuously changing federal, state and local tax rules, regulations and interpretations and keep our clients informed of new and developing tax issues.
To learn more about how we can assist your business, please contact us at 631-368-3110 for a consultation.